New Jersey Workers Compensation Attorneys Advise You
Advocating for justice for injured workers and their families since 1950
Prior to the formation of the workers compensation program, an injured worker often had no source of income — and might even be fired — after an accident. In many cases, the lost wages devastated the worker’s family, who had no means of paying the mounting medical bills or monthly costs of living. The workers compensation system allows you to receive prompt medical care after your accident and may also pay some of your lost wages until you can return to your job. In exchange for carrying workers compensation insurance, your employer is granted immunity from lawsuits in most workplace injury cases.
With more than 60 years of experience, the attorneys at Gelman Gelman Wiskow & McCarthy LLC guide you through the workers compensation system in New Jersey so that you receive the maximum possible financial benefits quickly.
Let us help you recover benefits for your workplace injury
You have the right to enjoy employment in a safe and healthy workplace. If an unsafe workplace condition results in an accident, we help you recover the workers compensation you deserve and determine whether you have a third-party cause of action. We advise you on recovering for injuries caused by:
- Construction accidents — Our law firm helps you recover compensation for injuries sustained in a construction accident, including falls, electrocution, being struck by objects and crush injuries.
- Defective machinery — We pursue your rightful workers compensation benefits and determine whether you have a valid products liability claim if you were injured by defective machinery.
- Ladder failures and falls — Our team investigates whether your ladder failure and fall was caused by conduct considered a violation of OSHA (Occupational Health and Safety Administration) regulations and seeks the compensation you deserve.
- Scaffold falls — Our attorneys advise you on your rights after you were injured in a scaffold fall.
Benefits available under the New Jersey workers compensation program
New Jersey’s workers compensation provides for several types of benefits, which your employer’s insurance company is responsible for paying. Depending on the facts of your case, you may be entitled to:
- Medical benefits — These cover all of the necessary and reasonable emergency care and hospital services, doctors’ appointments, treatments and prescriptions incurred because of your workplace injury.
- Temporary disability benefits — If you are disabled for more than seven days, you may qualify for payment of a percentage of your wages until you are released to return to work or have reached maximum medical improvement (MMI).
- Permanent partial benefits — If your job-related injury results in a partial permanent disability, you may receive weekly benefits after your temporary disability benefit period ends.
- Permanent total benefits — If your disability prevents you from returning to gainful employment, you may be eligible for income compensation for as long as you have the disability.
- Death benefits — Family members of workers who were killed in an on-the-job accident may qualify for a portion of the income the deceased worker would have received.
Consult our dedicated New Jersey lawyers to recover the maximum workers compensation available
To learn more how the workers compensation program works and which benefits you are qualified to receive, call Gelman Gelman Wiskow & McCarthy LLC at 973.366.3900 or contact us online to schedule your one-hour free initial consultation. We maintain offices in Dover, Elmwood Park, South Plainfield, Newton and Sparta. A Spanish translator is available upon request.