An Experienced NJ Law Firm Handles Catastrophic Injury Claims
Recovery from serious accidents
Gelman Gelman Wiskow & McCarthy LLC was founded in 1950 by two Harvard Law School graduates who wanted to make a difference in the lives of injured victims. Although much has changed during the past 62 years, our commitment to help our clients reach the best outcomes in the most efficient manner remains steadfast. We are available to help you recover for your catastrophic injury.
The resources and experience to handle challenging cases
Our New Jersey law firm has the substantial resources and extensive experience to handle the most challenging catastrophic injury cases involving:
- Head injury — A blow to the head, a fall, an automobile accident or a birth injury can cause traumatic brain injury that results in lifelong pain, permanent disability and, in severe cases, coma or death. Our lawyers help you recover the compensation you need to get quality medical care and maintain financial security.
- Neck and spinal cord injury — A neck or spinal cord injury occurs when the vertebrae that protect your spinal nerves are damaged. The consequences of a spinal injury include paralysis and loss of sensation in the areas of your body below the damaged vertebra. The costs of living with a spinal cord injury are enormous. Our attorneys recover damages to protect your family’s financial future during a difficult time.
- Knee injuries — A meniscus tear may cause debilitating pain and weakness in the injured knee. You may have torn your disk during a traumatic event — such as an automobile crash, workplace accident or fall — or you may have suffered a workplace repetitive stress injury. We file personal injury and workers compensation claims against the parties responsible for your knee injury.
- Ankle injuries — Sprains, strains and fractures can lead to pain, disability, lost income and diminished independence. We help you recover for your ankle injury caused by an automobile wreck, motorcycle crash, workplace accident or fall on poorly maintained premises. Our law firm maximizes your damages award through mediation, arbitration or trial.
- Wrist injuries — You can sustain a break, sprain, strain or nerve damage during a traumatic incident — including an automobile accident, fall or on-the-job accident. In addition, nerve damage resulting in carpal tunnel syndrome has now become a commonplace repetitive stress wrist injury. Depending on the facts of your case, we may file a personal injury lawsuit or a workers compensation claim.
- Arthroscopy — Arthroscopic surgery allows surgeons to perform shoulder and herniated disk operations using a camera and tiny surgical instruments. However, this less invasive surgical technique carries risks. If your doctor or the hospital acted carelessly and caused you harm, our team recovers the maximum compensation possible.
Schedule your free consultation with a catastrophic injuries lawyer today
To learn more about how we can help you recover compensation for catastrophic injuries, call Gelman Gelman Wiskow & McCarthy LLC at 973.366.3900 or contact us online to schedule your one-hour free initial consultation. We have offices in Elmwood Park, Dover, Mendham and Newton, NJ.